** 1/7/14 Featured Creation at Scrapping4funChallenges! **
Hi everyone! I'm back today to share my DT inspiration project for LTSCB #20 - How Sketchy Is That?! We're being sponsored by the amazing Eureka Stamps! Come play with us! We want to see your project using this fun Starry Nights Studio Sketch 6!
I really love the Flower Basket image and this encouragement card is actually my second project using it. If you're interested, you can check out my first card HERE which was a bright CAS birthday card I created about three weeks ago. This image is so versatile and can be used for virtually any kind of card!
I colored this image and one other recently with distress markers. I'm a distress marker newbie - bought an entire set several months ago and haven't used them. I printed this image on ivory antique linen cardstock and was afraid the Copics would run outside the lines, so that's what sparked the distress markers idea. I'm actually very pleased with the lush deep color that looks almost velvet-like. It's stunning in real life!
I layered the focal image and the background on mustard cardstock which matched the bow perfectly. I cut the flags (pennants) from cranberry cardstock to coordinate with the deep pink flowers. I paper pieced the light flower in the front to give the basket of flowers just a tad bit of dimension.
The front and inside sentiments are from a new stamp set I just got, stamped in Rhubarb Stalk ink. I just love them! ;)
I'm proud to enter my basket of flowers into the following challenges:
- Scribble and Scraps: Challenge #7 - Always Anything Goes
- Challenges 4 Everybody: Challenge #35 - Anything Goes
- Pile It On Challenges: #48 - P is for... pennants
- One Stitch At A Time: Challenge #194 - Anything Goes
- Rhedd and Rosie's Challenge Blog: Use Old Stash... 21st Challenge (Rhubarb Stalk ink and yellow gemstones)
- Sister Act Card Challenge: Challenge #37 - Always Anything Goes
- Crafty Catz Weekly Challenge: Challenge 211 - Anything Goes
- Scrapping4funChallenges: Anything Goes
- Word Art Wednesday: Challenge #110 - Anything Goes
- Anonymous Stamps: December Challenge - Anything Goes
- Stamping Sensations: December Challenge - Free and Easy
- GKD Pure Luxury ivory, cranberry and mustard cardstock; Marco's Antique Linen ivory cardstock
- Eureka Stamps Flower Basket digital image
- Ranger Distress Markers: Brushed Corduroy, Walnut Stain, Peeled Paint, Forest Moss, Bundled Sage, Fired Brick, Aged Mahogany, Worn Lipstick, Stormy Sky, Dusty Concord, Spiced Marmalade, Rusty Hinge, Scattered Straw, Broken China, Tumbled Glass, Weathered Wood, Picket Fence, Wild Honey, Mustard Seed, Tattered Rose, Tea Dye
- Lil' Inker Designs Stitched Sentiment Flag die
- Unity Stamp Co. Strength and Dignity stamp set (front and inside sentiments)
- Memento Rhubarb Stalk ink
- Yellow gemstones
Hope you've found some inspiration to create a project using this awesome sketch so you can join in our challenge! And to get your mojo going, be sure to check out all the wonderful Eureka Stamps digital images! Thanks so much for stopping by today - we'll see you next time! ;)