Friday, September 5, 2014

Hippie Birthday

Hi everyone! I'm making my second appearance over at Scrapping4fun Challenges as a guest designer, and am happy to share my inspiration project for Challenge #25 - Inspiration. Come play with us! Create whatever kind of project you want using this picture as your inspiration:


Isn't this just the greatest photo?! I love it! I'm an old hippie, child of the 60s (born in the late 50s), so naturally I saw hippie... flower child... 1960s... peace... flowers... chevrons/stripes... and colors.

I used an awesome hippie van stamp that I've had for several years for my focal image and created a "tie-dyed" background with blown alcohol inks. This is a new technique for me and it was definitely fun! ;)


I stamped the Hippie Birthday greeting on a scrap of turquoise textured cardstock, cut it with a rectangle die and angled it on the background. I added some yellow flower brads that have been in my stash forever and a shiny new peace charm with a pretty little bow.


I recently bought several snarky sentiment stamps and have been chomping at the bit to use them! I just couldn't resist this one because it fit so well with the old hippie theme! This card is for my sister's birthday in November and I know she's going to love it! ;)


I'd love to enter my Hippie Birthday card into the following challenges:

Recipe:
  • GKD Pure Luxury White and Charcoal Brown cardstock; Marco's Metallic Pearl cardstock
  • K & Co. KP Eclectic double-sided paper
  • Stampavie Flower Power Camper Van stamp
  • Copics: R81/85/89, B05/91/93, C1/7, YG13/67, V17, Y02, YR04
  • Ranger Adirondack inks: Purple Twilight, Cranberry, Sunset Orange, Sunshine Yellow and Lettuce
  • Color spritzer
  • Spellbinders Classic Rectangle and Deckled Rectangle dies
  • GKD So Groovy stamp set (front sentiment)
  • River City Rubber Works (inside sentiment)
  • Memento Tuxedo Black ink
  • Queen & Co. Purple Twinkle Goosebumps gemstones
  • Yellow flower brads (old, from stash)

I really hope you'll join us this time for our Inspiration challenge! Thanks so much for stopping by and we'll see you next time! ;)
Hugs,
Leslie

22 comments:

Karen McAlpine said...

Tooo cute!!

Scrapping4funChallenges said...

Beautiful card, love the Hippie feeling.
Thank you for your lovely entry as a Guest Designer on Scrapping4funChallenges.
Hugs
Rachelle DT
http://scrapping4funchallenges.blogspot.com

FeistyCrafter said...

This is SO you! Love the hippie tyedye background. Too cute!

Lynn's Place said...

What a fab project you have entered @ the CIO challenge blog...tfs...hope you stop by and play again <((><

Barb said...

I think this is wonderful with great colors and design, love the sentiment. From another old hippie. Thanks for sharing with us at the Crafting for all Seasons challenge. Barb

Pamellia Johnson said...

Hi Leslie! We are co-teamies today!! Just love your take on the photo! Your hippie van is so cute, made me giggle! Really love that background, it's a rainbow of beautiful colours! Have a great weekend! hugs :)

Sue said...

Love this card! thanks for joining us at Sister Act Card Challenge..Sue DT :)

tampatha said...

How fun! You did a great interpretation of the inspiration piece. Love the sentiment inside! :)
Thanks for joining us at UYS this week and hope to see you again.
Tammy DT

Sari said...

Love the image and gorgeous packround, and your sentiment made me laugh, :D. Thank you for joining Crafting From the Heart, good luck.

Lynn's Place said...

Thanks for joining us @ CIO challenge blog..your project is lovely,,hope you come and play with again <((><

Nikki said...

Great card. Love the image. Thanks for playing along at Loves Rubberstamps.

Nikki

aussie aNNie said...

SUPER AWESOME card for our wheels and cogs challenge...thanks for entering your card.xx
{Crafting For All Seasons DT Member}

Jana said...

Hi Leslie...your card is so cute and I like your colors ;))
Thans that you visit my blog!
Hug from Slowenia, Jana

Blankina said...

Great VW campervan image and love the background!
Glad to see you at Loves Rubberstamp,
please come back soon
Hugs Blankina

Hazel said...

Thanks for sharing your lovely crafting for Fan-tastic Tuesday challenge 51 - hope to see you again soon, Hazel, DT x

Michelle said...

Hi there Leslie - I am here with my DT hat on lol - This is such a beautiful creation - lovely colours and details. Thank you for joining us at Penny's Paper-Crafty this week and good luck - Michelle x

Deb said...

Fabulous card, love it! Many thanks for joining in the Cute Card Thursday Challenge! Debxx

Kim Heggins said...

Fabulous and fun birthday card...I love your van with all the wonderful details you colored in, just so fun. Thank you so much for playing along with us at Simply Create Too.

Diane MoneyGoolsby said...

Leslie: What a great card. Glad you joined in our Simply Create Too Challenge #69 - "Show Us Something New" [& thanks for telling us what 'new' you used]. Please come back by to see our new challenge tomorrow, Friday.


Diane
Simply Create Too Design Team
http://DianesDigitalDesigns.blogspot.com

Margreet said...

Georgeous use of dies, Leslie...love the image and your coloring...thanks for playing with us at Melonheadz Friends!
xxx Margreet

Elfies-Bastelstube said...

Great Card love your Design and all the Details.
Thank you for joining us at Crafting for all Seasons.
Hugs Elfie

Bianca said...

That´s a wonderfull card! Thank you for joining us at Crafting for all seasons! xx Bianca