Thursday, October 15, 2015

Happy Turkey Day!

Hello, my crafty friends! Hope you all are enjoying some gorgeous Fall weather like we are here in north Florida! WAHOO... I love this time of year! :) I have some great news to share - I'm guest designing for Scrapping4fun Challenges again! My 4-drawer easel card was featured about a month or so ago and the lovely Rachelle invited me to guest in Challenge #52 - Thanksgiving!


Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday and I'm stoked to share my first Thanksgiving card of the year with you, one I created with the adorable Turkey Day digi from Bugaboo. I recently purchased this little guy to add to my digi stash. The Fall background papers are from Bearly Mine which sadly went out of business earlier this year. They are digi papers that I printed on linen cardstock for a little extra texture.


I have to say this little turkey is the cutest ever! I dressed him up with some gorgeous Really Reasonable Ribbon cotton lace and patterned ribbon from last year's August Ribbon Club Assortment. I added an oak leaf die cut for a little fall flair.


I decorated the inside with some of the Fall paper I used on the front, and the sentiment is from the Gina K Designs Bounty of Blessings stamp set. I really like how this turned out! ;)


Proud to enter this Thanksgiving card into the following challenges:


Recipe:
  • Cardstock/Paper: The Paper Cut Brown Bag cardstock, Stampin' Up! Very Vanilla cardstock, GKD Dark Chocolate cardstock, scrap of GKD Sweet Mango cardstock, Marco's Ivory Antique Linen cardstock, Bearly Mine Digital Papers- Fall Paper and Fall Paper 2
  • Stamps: Bugaboo Digi Stamps Turkey Day digital image, GKD Bounty of Blessings stamp set
  • Ink: Spectrum Noir- EB1, EB2, EB6, DR2, GB3; Memento Espresso Truffle
  • Dies/Punches: Cottage Cuts Leaf Mini die
  • Accessories: Bow-it-All, Ribbon and Lace from the RRR Colors of Autumn Collection (August 2014 Ribbon Club Assortment), brown Darice foam, red gemstones, Queen & Co. Pave Candy Shoppe red gem (thanks, Lillian!)

I hope you've found some inspiration to create a Thanksgiving themed project for our challenge this time! Thanks so much for stopping by today - we'll see you next time! ;)
Scrappy hugs,
Leslie

18 comments:

Scrapper69 said...

Wonderful Card Leslie! :)

Theresa
Theresa’s Crafty Creations

Scrapping4funChallenges said...

Stunning Thanksgiving card, love the colors and lace.
Thank you for your lovely GD creations at Scrapping4funchallenges.
Hugs
Rachelle DT
https://scrapping4funchallenges.blogspot.com

Andreja L. said...

You made such a beautiful card :-)) I like your Ribbon.
Hugs, Andreja
(DT Scrappin4fun

pst said...

Beautiful card and you are right, this image is super cute. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Friends.

Damchy said...

I like your card very much with all the embellishments. Hugs. Damjana

Nicole Diedrichs said...

I usually do not like turkey cards, but yours is so cool!!!! Great colours also. Thank you for joining us at ATSM. Creative regards from stempelfrida
http://stempelfrida.blogspot.de

JanR said...

Such a fun card! I love that bow. Thanks for joining us at Melonheadz Friends.

Judy V said...

Great card! Love the fun image! Thanks for joining us at House of Cards!

foleysfriend said...

Love your Thanksgiving/autumnal inspired card; Your turkey is soooo cute! Loving all the detail. Thanks for joining us at House of Cards.

sue
HOC DT

(AJ) ArtJypsy said...

Fabulous card inside and out. Love the embellishments. Thanks for joining us at Melonheadz Challenge. AJ MH DT

Diane Louise Janion said...

Absolutely beautiful, your Thanksgiving card has just a fab image and love all the embellishments you have used. Thanks for entering the 'Gems and/or Pearls' challenge over at Crafty Friends. Hope you will join us for our next challenge... Good Luck!
Diane Louise (DT

Mynn Kitchen said...

This is SO fun! I LOVE the great digi you used--and all the fabulous embellishments! Thanks for joining us at House of Cards! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

Katy said...

Love this! It's soooo cute! I love that turkey image and the ribbon! Very awesome! :) Thank you so much for joining us at House of Cards! :)

Julie Odil said...

Total cuteness! Love that turkey, the fall colors, and I'm drooling over that ribbon! This is wonderful, and it is perfect for our "Sentimental" challenge at Digi Choosday. Thanks for joining in! Julie, DT

Hannah said...

A very cute card! Great use of image and ribbon too. Thank you for entering Crafts Galore Encore Challenge, Hannah x

FiestyCrafter (Tina) said...

Love your Thanksgiving card! Fabulous design and that turkey looks a little a feisty :oP

Lisa xx said...

Such a gorgeous card

thank you for joining in with the Crafty Friends challenge xx

lalkygirl said...

What a fab fun card ,love the cute turkey
Happy thanksgiving
Thanks for joining us at Craft-dee BowZ and good luck
Tracey