Thursday, January 28, 2016

Just missing you

** 2/8/16 Featured Creation at Scrapping4fun Challenges! **

Hi everyone! I'm happy to share with you today a Really Reasonable Ribbon DT inspiration project. I created a 'missing you' card using the absolutely gorgeous Blue Topaz Delicate Stitched Satin Ribbon. I think I've mentioned before that this stitched satin is some of my favorite ribbon! 


Here's a close-up of the gorgeous double loop bow I created with my Bow-it-All v2.0. Love, love, love!


I created this background with Brusho crystals and water brushed on watercolor paper. I stamped the birdcage in Versamark and heat embossed in gold. I heated the embossing a second time to flatten it and give it a vintage patina look. I randomly stamped a postmark and small chicken wire type elements over the background. I created the 'hello' sentiment in the lower left by stamping and punching the letters with a 1/2" circle punch. Each letter is layered on several additional punched circles for dimension.


For the inside, I layered a leftover strip of the Brusho background on the left side of the layered panel and stamped a simple sentiment.


Proud to enter this card into the following challenges:

Recipe:
  • Cardstock/Paper: Paper & More Chocolate Brown cardstock, Stampin' Up! Watercolor Paper (#122959), light blue paper scrap
  • Stamps: Stampin' Up! Butterfly Basics stamp set (#137154), Hero Arts Type stamp set, Blockheads Paper Arts Flourished Bird Cage stamp
  • Ink: Brusho Crystals- Leaf Green, Emerald Green, Ultramarine and Purple; Versamark; Memento Rich Cocoa
  • Dies/Punches: Stampin' Up! 1/2" Circle Punch
  • Accessories: RRR Blue Topaz Delicate Stitched Satin, MISTI, Ranger fine detail gold embossing powder, baby blue flat-back pearls

I hope you've enjoyed today's project! Be sure to check out all the awesome ribbon and crafty goodies and tools at Really Reasonable Ribbon! You'll love the amazing selection of products, awesome prices, fast shipping and great customer service! Thanks so much for stopping by today - we'll see you next time! ;)
Scrappy hugs,
Leslie

16 comments:

FiestyCrafter (Tina) said...

Beautiful! Loving the vintage style and the background you created. Another fabulous creation :o)

Robin said...

So very pretty! I just love the birdcage...my sister would adore it. She has 5 parrots! And a cat...LOL. I hope she doesn't go down to 4 parrots. Don't you just love the Brushos...Try some Color Burst too. I love to make backgrounds with them. Hugs, Robin

KraftyKoolKat said...

So pretty. Thank you so much for sharing your lovely creation with us at Creative Card Crew.
Hugs
Cathy DT Member
xxxx

Wendy L said...

Wonderful design, lovely embossing, thanks for joining us at MAWTT. xxx

Carole Robb Bisson said...

Absolutely beautifully placed ribbon and bow on this gorgeous card. Thank you so very much for posting your very creative and inspiring art with us this week at Word Art Wednesday in our 218th - FF AG challenge. I pray Blessings for you and your family; stay creative and be happy. Carole

Zoe Tant said...

Lovely card Lesley. Like the colours and the stamps used to create this fab effect. Thanks for joining us at MAWTT. Zx

Marina said...

Such a pretty , fancy card with beautiful details. Thanks for joining in at City Crafter. Marina DT

Stella said...

Such a beautiful card! And spot on our theme! I am in awe about your gorgeous birdcage! Thanks so much for being with us at CCCB!

Dana & Glen said...

Stunning card! Beautiful layering and visual textures.

Judy V said...

Beautiful card! Love the bow! Thanks for joining us at Creative Craft Cottage!

Lia said...

Wow, this is a piece of art which I like very much!!
Lia, DT S4F

Ros Crawford said...

Beautiful card and beautiful blending!! Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!!

Jennifer Greco said...

What a great card! I love your color choices and fun layout. Thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments for our “Anything Goes” Challenge; I hope to see your work in our future challenges too!
Jennifer, DT

FiestyCrafter (Tina) said...

I got my other hat on,(I think you do this on purpose..bwhahaha).
Still loving the vintage feel of this card. I do love the background you created with those colors.
Thanks for joining us at Scrapping4fun :o)

Angela Radford said...

This is such a gorgeous card. Thank you so much for sharing it with us at Crafty Cardmakers and good luck with the challenge, Angela DT x

Helen said...

Gorgeous - love your background,

Thanks for joining us at the Creative Craft Cottage.

Helen x